be part of the legacy
Sigma Psi Zeta is the first Asian-interest sorority founded and based on the East Coast. We currently have more than 34 sisterships established across the country.
We are also the first officially recognized Asian-interest sorority at Penn, and is currently an active member of multiple organizations on campus, including:
- IGC (Intercultural Greek Council)
- APSC (Asian Pacific Student Coalition)
- PAGE (Penn Association for Gender Equity)
- NAPA (National APIDA Panhellenic Association)
The Upsilon Charter at Penn was founded in 2004 by the 7 members of our charter class. We currently have:
- 182 active and alumni sisters worldwide
- 29 undergraduate sisters on campus
By joining us, you will be joining our decades of legacy and global community.
CREATE valuable memories
As part of Sigma, you will create countless memories with many of your closest friends.
We host both external and internal social events. Our external events include: 4 widely attended downtowns every year, as well as numerous mixers, date nights, and formals. In terms of internal, we have sisterhood retreats, class hangouts, and more -- not to mention classwide trips, Hey Day traditions, thanksgiving and supporting each others' performances/athletic events.
MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
Our national philanthropy is to fight against domestic violence. Every semester, we come together to raise awareness and money to donate to the Lutheran Settlement House, a non-profit, community based social service organization that serves over 14,000 women, men, and children each year.
Some of the events we have held in the past to promote our cause include:
- Annual philanthropy gala
- Board game night
- Charity auction
- Movie screenings
- Bake sales
Our sisters excel both inside and outside of our surrounding community. Many sisters currently hold leadership positions in various Penn organizations, and participate in case competitions and sporting matches. Some examples of our sisters' achievements include:
- Winner of the 2018 President's Innovation Prize
- Fulbright Research Scholarship recipient
- First Place & People's Choice Awards at the Sauder Summit Global Case Competition
- Pillars of the Community Award
- Wharton Undergraduate Healthcare Club President
- Varsity Field Hockey Team Captain
- APAHW Executive Tri-chair
- Wharton Dean's Advisory Board Chair
- ...and more!
We have also been recognized by Penn and Sigma national organization for our efforts:
- Chapter of Achievement Silver Award
- Lois Lawrence Moses Award for Academic Excellence 2012, 2015, 2016
- Recognized by Intercultural Greek Council for Outstanding Program for Community Service
- Recognized for Outstanding Program for Recruitment
"lead from the front"
represent your culture
Our sisters are actively involved in many cultural organizations on campus. Some examples of the organizations our sisters partake in include:
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Week
- Asian Pacific Student Coalition
- Penn Taiwanese Society
- Korean Student Association
- Chinese Student Association
- Japanese Student Association
- Hong Kong Student Association
- Pan-Asian Dance Troupe
- and more!
Ready to take the next step? Click for more details regarding our current rush!